Major Areas of Activities:
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular emergencies including heart attacks, acute coronary syndrome, heart rhythm disorders, thrombo-embolic conditions, and acute peripheral vascular problems.
- Diagnosis and treatment of common cardiovascular diseases
- Non-invasive diagnostic procedures including electrocardiography, color Doppler echocardiography, trans-esophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography, contrast echocardiography, tissue doppler imaging, 24 hours blood pressure and heart rhythm monitoring, cardiac perfusion scan, exercise test, and cardiac angiography by 64 slices CT scan machine.
- Consultation given to other Departments to perform high-risk operations and procedures for patients with cardiovascular problems
Available Technological Facilities and Medical Equipment:
- CCU Department with all facilities to provide the cardiovascular cares.
- Advanced echocardiography to perform:
– Trans-thoracic and trans-esophageal color doppler echocardiography (T.T.E. & T. E.E.)
– Tissue doppler imaging
– Stress echocardiography
– Contrast echocardiography
- Exercise test
- Nuclear medicine for myocardial perfusion scans
- Blood pressure and ECG holter monitoring
- 64 slices CT scan for cardiovascular studies
- CCU facilities to manage cardiovascular emergencies
- Heart clinic for outpatient cardiovascular services